Heritage Lottery Fund - Grant bid
22nd September 2018. 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Keighley Library - Local Studies Room.
This is a meeting for interested persons to get together to discuss our bid for a Heritage Lottery Fund grant.
If you would like to join the Men of Worth Project and have a say in the plan for a grant from the HLF, please come along to this meeting.
This is an opportunity to gauge interest and outline what we'd like to do with a grant, and invite opinions from anyone who may have any other ideas on what we could accomplish. We'd like to make it clear from the start that the level of involvement is down to the individual, they could do just one or two small things to help over the year, or get stuck in with the running of the grant if they wish. It's entirely up to them. But we will need help from other volunteers if we're going to accomplish this. Initially we will need help with writing the initial grant application and we will be speaking to the Heritage Lottery Fund people first.
Our main objectives at the moment would be:
1. Have a user friendly and searchable database built for us, so the whole of the Men of Worth Project database could be placed online. (Free access to anyone.)
2. Something similar for the Keighley War Hospital Register
3. Conservation work carried out on the Keighley War Hospital Register book.
4. Public event to announce the launch of the online database.
5. Training sessions for anyone wishing to get involved with database population work.
6. Schools packs to be created.
7. Articles about the grant and project to be written on our website.