Keighley War Hospital at Morton Banks was originally The Morton Banks Fever Hospital and after local funds were raised, extra wards were built to turn it into a War Hospital. It opened in time to take some of the first casualties from the Battle of the Somme in July 1916 and continued until the end of the war.
The War Hospital Register archived at Keighley Library contains 13,214 names of servicemen who were treated there. It also contains the names of German prisoners of war who were being held locally and required treatment from time to time, notably from the influenza epidemic.
The register is available to view at Keighley Local Studies Library in archive box BK39.