What we would like you to send to us ...please.
The Submission form on the 'Submit' page details most things we would like you to send to us, although anything and everything you know about the person you'd like us to look into would be useful. Here's a couple of thoughts on the matter though:
- Don't worry if you can't fill in every box on the form, it doesn't matter, a correct name is potentially a great starting point for our research and we have worked wonders with just that.
- The person you submit does need to be connected to Keighley and the Worth Valley. We don't generally do research on anyone else from outside our area, unless its private research, in which case there would be a fee.
- Everything you know about the person could be useful to us, other family member's names can help us pinpoint a person in the census and electoral records.
- Birth and death dates are also very useful even if they're just a guess.
- Photographs are very important, we can scan the images for you if you live locally and if not then if you could scan and email them to us please, we would add them to the database.
- Other records such as old service papers and pay books etc would be much appreciated and we can scan or photograph these for the database.
- If you have medals then the man's rank, name, regiment and service number is usually engraved (on the back for a star) or on the edge (much like a pound coin is engraved) if it's a 'round medallion' type of medal. Please include this information in the relevant sections on the form.
- Finally: please make sure you fill in your own details or we won't be able to get back to you with any results of our searches!